Klang bar 5 mr + apple tv 22 - only pcm audio

Hello, Apple TV 22. If the auto mode is enabled, the sound is output in pcm audio, if there is no dolby atmoss track. Pcm audio is a terrible flat sound in movies. Therefore, every time before watching, you have to switch to dd 5.1 mode, but in this mode, dolby atmoss is not available. The latest firmware from the official website is installed, file - KLANG5_P_V115.

Kommentare

• The kangbar 5 MR only supports PCM 2.0.
    Therefore no spatial sound.
    Unfortunately, this is a problem with the Apple TV.
    To play Dolby Atmos, the Apple TV must be set to PCM.
    For ‘normal’ DD 5.1 to DD 5.1.

But a real Dolby Atmos feeling cannot be achieved with a soundbar anyway, regardless of the manufacturer.

• @mulleflup schrieb:
    The kangbar 5 MR only supports PCM 2.0.
    Therefore no spatial sound.
    Unfortunately, this is a problem with the Apple TV.
    To play Dolby Atmos, the Apple TV must be set to PCM.
    For ‘normal’ DD 5.1 to DD 5.1.

But a real Dolby Atmos feeling cannot be achieved with a soundbar anyway, regardless of the manufacturer.

You probably misunderstood me. I'm not talking about real Dolby Atmos with speakers from the ceiling. I'm talking about the format, Apple TV has 2 options - auto and dd5.1, if you set auto - Dolby Atmos is available, but all the other sound goes to PCM audio - terribly flat. If you set dd5.1 - the soundbar detects Dolby Audio and it sounds great, surround, but Dolby Atmos is not available. Although the soundbar can display both Dolby Atmos and Dolby Audio. Sonos had a similar problem, they solved it with a software update, and you no longer need to manually change the format to the content.

• First a small note. You don't have to repeat my entire text. If the answer is directly below the quoted text. ;)

I have already understood you correctly.
    The problem is the Apple Box !

The Apple box converts all other audio tracks that are not Atmos to PCM in the ‘Auto’ setting!
    But the Loewe klangbar 5mr can only do PCM 2.0. This is not a software problem of the klangbar but a technical limitation
    when playing PCM content. PCM can also support 5.1 and 7.1, but the klangbar does not.

My opinion on Dolby Atmos playback with a soundbar should only emphasise that Atmos playback is not good with a klangbar!
    My only concern here is the playback of the ceiling channels, not the sound quality in general.

• I won't quote 🤫 thank you, now I understand what you mean. Where did you find information about stereo pcm in klang bar 5 mr? On the official website only pcm is indicated. But if this is really so, then it's sad to hear. I like apple tv, I haven't found anything more convenient and the remote control is gorgeous with a touch panel. I'm also crazy about the sound and laconic design of loewe soundbar, especially after q990d, which I returned after listening to 2 days. It's a pity if these 2 devices can't work together properly 😞

• Which TV do you use and where is the Apple TV connected?

• Projector vidda c2pro, apple tv is connected to both the soundbar and the projector, no difference. When the video is played directly from the projector, the track is determined correctly - dolby surround or dolby atmos

Anmelden oder Registrieren, um zu kommentieren.