Issue with sound modes on my klang bar5

brusezot
bearbeitet July 2023 in klang bar5 mr

I currently own a klang bar 3 with sub and 4 mr 3 (2 front / 2 rear). After the last update, I discovered a problem with the stereo mode. Previously, when I selected the stereo mode, all the devices worked. Now I only have the front left and right. Why is this?

Can you describe the different modes? And my second question concerns the DTS signal. The sound is very, deplorable in the bass and powerful in the treble.

Kommentare

• Dominik
    bearbeitet July 2023

Hello brusezot,

if you select the Stereo mode, you only get sound from left speaker, right speaker (and subwoofer). What you mean is the "DUAL Stereo Mode". If you select it, the front and rear speakers are mirrored and you get the stereo signal also from the rear speakers.

If you have connected external speakers, you have 4 modes:

Surround: Necessary if you want to listen to multichannel audio (e.g. 5.1 or DolbyAtmos). If source doesn´t deliver multichannel audio (e.g. only Stereo), the soundbar virtualizes the multichannel.

Panorama: Soundbar uses only front, center (and sub) to create/virtualize a wide stage (without using the rear speakers)

Stereo: Soundbar uses only left and right (=stereo) speakers with subwoofer

Dual-Stereo: The front channels are mirrored to rear speakers. This means you hear the content from front speakers also from the rear speakers.

Regarding the question of bass/treble: Do you mean only DTS-PlayFi usage, or also while playing content from other sources (e.g. from TV/ARC or from Bluetooth)?
    TIP: You can adjust BASS/TREBLE of each klang mr speaker also with remote control of soundbar:
    1. At the remote control of klang bar 3, hold down the NIGHTMODE-KEY together with PLAY/PAUSE key for 5 seconds
    2. Now you can adjust the BASS/TREBLE at each klang mr with the remote control. You can see the setting at the LEDs at the top of the klang mr (middle position = 0, left position =-6, right position=+6)
    3. To switch the remote of klang bar3 back again, just hold down the NIGHTMODE-KEY together with PLAY/PAUSE for 5 seconds again.

Best regards,
    Dominik from Loewe-Team

• Thanks for your answer but I Dona mistake I don’t use a klang bar3 but klang bar5…. I don’t have the dual stereo on this product or it is may be hidden ?

• Hi brusezot,

the klang bar5 doesn´t have a dual stereo mode. Only the klang bar3 supports this feature.

Best reagards,
    Dominik from Loewe-Team

• brusezot
    bearbeitet July 2023

Okay, so how do you explain that the rear speakers even worked in stereo mode?

• Dominik
    bearbeitet July 2023

Hello brusezot,

it is a bit difficult to judge from a distance. All I can say is, that the dual stereo mode was never available with klang bar5.
    If you´re 100% sure that you heard sound from rear speakers in stereo mode, for example the reason could be, that the rear speakers were configured as front speakers. In earlier software versions of the klang mr speakers, there was a sporadic issue, that the rear channel wrongly played the front channel. This has already been fixed with latest software 2.045.

Best regards,
    Dominik from Loewe-Team

Anmelden oder Registrieren, um zu kommentieren.